Some documents with web bookmarks appear in a Notes view. How do you open a bookmarked page bypassing the opening of the correspondig Notes document?
Two solutions follow: one uses Notes magic, and the other the InViewEdit event.
- Create a Dummy form, used for doing nothing (it sounds weird but works)
- Dummy: for preventing document creation, it should have a field [SaveOptions]=0 (text /computed for display)
- Dummy: for preventing form opening, it shoud have a sentence Continue = False in the QueryOpen script
- View: for inhibiting the default behaviour, in the FormFormula object write “Dummy”
- View: put the formula @UrlOpen( Bookmark ) into the QueryOpenDocument formula
now, if you double click the Bookmark document, the page (just it) appears in a new window
(revised text from my own comment 12351627 at Experts-Exchange)
Something special happens if an editable column shows a value as an icon: The SAVE_REQUEST type of the InViewEdit event is triggered as soon as the user clicks on the icon.
Sub Inviewedit(Source As NotesUIView, Requesttype As Integer, Colprogname As Variant, Columnvalue As Variant, Continue As Variant) ' This view has one editable column, which is for display of an icon. ' Define constants for request types Const SAVE_REQUEST = 3 ' Define variables Dim db As NotesDatabase Dim doc As NotesDocument Dim ws As New NotesUIWorkspace Dim caret As String ' Get the CaretNoteID - exit if it does not point at a document caret = Source.CaretNoteID If caret = "0" Then Exit Sub ' Get the current database and document Set db = Source.View.Parent Set doc = db.GetDocumentByID( caret ) ' Select the request type Select Case Requesttype Case SAVE_REQUEST Dim w As New NotesUIWorkspace w.UrlOpen doc.URL( 0 ) Continue = False End Select End Sub
(revised text from my own comment 12738085 at Experts-Exchange)