I’ve been struggling quite a while this afternoon for making Zend Studio behave as expected, and I got it!

Zend Studio was marking many warnings in WSDL files that it wrongfully interpreted as HTML rather than XML.

I wanted to disable validation only for those files and couldn’t find out how. I had already excluded their parent folder from the Build Path, but it didn’t work for warnings of this kind.

Those files have a php extension, and HTML validation is twofold: one for HTML files and one for PHP files.

So I changed the settings for the line reading HTML Syntax Validator (for PHP Files) from

to

and after a clean build I got